The Communicator - November 10, 2011
- Monday, November 14 - Parents' Council Meeting, 9:00 a.m. (Please note change in date and time!)
- Thursday, November 17 - 4th-8th grade Parent Social, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
See the invitation RSVP here
- SAVE THE DATES:
- Friday, February 3, 2012 - Our 75th Anniversary Celebration (More information to come).
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
The The 8th grade will travel to the Hibbon United Methodist Church on Monday, November 14, from 9:30-11:00. They will sort "goodies" and prepare gift boxes collected for their Operation Christmas Child service project.
WINTER DRESS CODE
As the weather turns a little chillier, a few reminders regarding the dress code.
• Outer wear of choice may be worn to and from school, but only solid navy blue, solid red, or solid white sweaters, fleece jackets or vests may be worn throughout the day (in class, etc.).
• It is not required that vests and jackets have the Charleston Day logo on them.
• Sweatshirts should not be worn to school.
• Please remember athletic shorts and pants for PE days should be from Land’s End.
*REMINDER THAT THE GATE CODE IS *1937 (hit the star/asterisk before the numbers)*
4th GRADE FOOD DRIVE
The 4th grade food drive will begin on Monday, November 14th and ends on November 22nd. Please bring canned goods only. A fourth-grader will be collecting the canned goods at carpool every morning. Also, canned goods are greatly appreciated as part of your "admission" to the Father's Day Feast on Tuesday, November 22. Thank you for sharing with others.
FIRST EDITION OF THE 2011-12 CLARION
Extra, extra…read all about it!
Seventh grade students have completed the first edition of The 2011-12 Clarion. The Clarion is an online student newspaper with stories, photos, slide shows, videos, comics, surveys, and more. Students have been collaboratively planning this project and hope that you and your family take some time to look it over. There is something for everyone.
Student videos from Grandparents’ Day are featured on the Class News page. Not only will you see creative artwork but you can hear first grade students sing. The seventh graders hope that you enjoy their newspaper. Thank you for your support. http://theclarion.wikispaces.com/
LANDS END SALE
Save 25% off everything for a limited time. The promo code is SAVE25 and the PIN is: 5087
Lands End website
- Parents' Council meeting rescheduled
The November 10th Parents' Council meeting has been rescheduled to Monday, November 14th at 9:00 a.m. (right after Assembly) in the Student Commons.
-Thank you! to Lynn Hallaba and Laura Stone for bringing the delicious treats to the
faculty on Monday!
- Wreath Sale: The deadline to order is slowly approaching. If you would like to order a wreath or garland please download the form or pick one up at the front desk and send in. Questions: Kelly Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.338.0300. Wreaths will be available for pickup on November 30th.
- All Organic Casseroles and Delicious Side Dishes from Home Catering Company
We will be working with Home Catering Company to offer simple and elegant prepared all organic dishes to make your life easier and less hectic over the holidays. A sample of what is being offered: Beef Bourguinonne, Greek Moussaka, Meat Lasagna, Chicken Moroccan Tangine, Thai Coconut Chicken. Bourbon Candied Yams, Mash Potatoes with Smoked Gouda and many more. We will have a tasting of several of these dishes on Monday, November 14th at the Parents' Council Meeting. Special request can be accommodated. Questions, Kelly Carr 202.338.0300
Menu Order Form
- Uniform Sale: If you have any CDS uniforms that have been sadly outgrown we would love to have them donated for our first CDS Uniform Sale. The uniform sales will take place at our Parents' Council Meetings. The next meeting is Monday, November 14th. Please send the uniforms into school with your child. Let us know if you would like a donation form, we will be happy to provide. If you have further questions please contact Kelly Carr at 202.338.0300
or Elizabeth Foster at 843.343.3121.
Parents - Please remember that during the FJMS Preseason Tournament, our schedule may change based on when our next game is to be played. Coach Hanky will be as prompt as possible in notifying everyone if a change is made. Please be in the habit of checking the basketball page on the website first if you have a question about the schedule. If the answer to your question cannot be found on the website, please feel free to email Coach Hanky.
Practice schedule from November 11 - December 3 as of November 10, 2011
Instructions for accessing the Charleston Day School Basketball Team Shop! Purchase great Nike gear at fantastic discounts! Open to everyone, not just basketball families!
FALL SPORTS ASSEMBLY
The Fall Sports Assembly will be held Monday, November 14th at 8:00 a.m. All parents are invited to attend.
NEXT WEEK'S SCHEDULE
To print out next week's schedule, please download it here.
PRIMARY SCHOOL INFORMATION
Wednesday: Ms. Regalbuto's Science teeth quiz; Math quiz; Native American project
Thursday: Mrs. Davis's Science teeth quiz;
Friday: Spelling test; Dictation; Field trip to the Charleston Museum
Monday: Penguins of the Week: Emmy Keogh and Harry Hood
Thursday: Math Moon test; Unit 4 Vocabulary test; French test for Mrs. Hadden's class
Friday: Pilgrim Projects; French test for Mrs. Cardwell's class; Spelling test
Wednesday: French test for Ms. Plitnick's class; Subtraction test
Thursday: French test for Mrs. Shortridge's class
Friday:Spelling test; Caw Caw field trip
Tuesday: Simple and compund sentence quiz
Thursday: French test; Classical Roots 6 test
Friday: Electricity test
Tuesday: Number the Stars Comprehension Check; History test
Friday: Vocabulary test
Tuesday: Mythology test
Wednesday: Spanish test; French test
Thursday: Grammar test
Monday: French test
Tuesday: History test; Mrs. Shealy's Pre-algebra test
Wednesday: Honors Pre-Algebra test
Thursday: Spanish test
Wednesday: French teste
Thursday: Spanish test; Mrs. Shealy's Algebra test
Friday: Vocabulary test