Why a K-8 School?
Our K-8 grade structure offers many advantages for students ... Learn More
When comparing schools, consider the Total Cost of Attendance for your student. Charleston Day School’s tuition structure is simple and inclusive. With the exception of Kindergarten, which has a lower tuition, tuition for grades 1-8 is the same.
$23,400 Grades 1-8
Charleston Day School offers three convenient payment plans, along with Tuition Refund Plan (TRP). Participation in the Tuition Refund plan is required unless a full year’s tuition is paid by the July due date, in which case TRP is elective. Payment plan election occurs at the time of enrollment. Once an option is elected, it may not be changed during the administrative year.
– Annual (July 1)
– Semi-Annual (July 1 and November 2)
– Monthly, 10 Payments (March 2-December 1)
For more information, contact Heidi Whaley, Business Manager at 843.300.3103.
Charleston Day School offers limited need-based financial aid to qualified students on the basis of the financial need of the family and the availability of funds. Financial aid is open to students of any race, gender, color, national or ethnic origin. Charleston Day School maintains the confidentiality of all requests for financial aid, and financial aid decisions are made independently from admissions decisions. Applications for financial aid are due by December 15, 2019.
Charleston Day School partners with School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS in order to assist in the financial aid process. Our school code is 2316. Please click on this link to review detailed instructions for completing an application.
In order to administer an equitable financial aid program, Charleston Day School has adopted the following guidelines with the understanding that each case is reviewed independently and individual circumstances are considered with each case:
• Charleston Day does not award 100% tuition grants. All families with children enrolled at Charleston Day are expected to pay some monetary amount as an indication of their support of and commitment to the program.
• Families with children at more than one school must provide evidence that they have applied for financial aid at all the schools where their children are enrolled.
• In order to qualify for assistance, both parents must be working. Families with children under 4 years of age are exempted from this policy. If both parents are not working, the family’s income level is adjusted to reflect potential earning potential.
• In cases of divorced or separated parents, all parents (natural and step) are included in the financial aid calculations and must be held responsible for payment of tuition. At times, exceptions to this can be made due to uncooperative parties. However, lack of information can cause a financial aid award to be altered.
• Families reapply for financial assistance each year. Applications for financial aid are processed and reviewed once all required documents are received. Please take the following steps to assure your application is complete.
– Complete the online Financial Aid process, go directly to www.solutionsbysss.com/parents by December 15, 2019. Our school code is: 2316
– Upload tax forms and supporting documents for 2017 and 2018 directly to SSS by February 15, 2019
– Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS)
– 2016 and 2017 IRS Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ, including all supporting schedules
– 2016, 2017 W2 Form